Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Concerning Prayer,...

If you're like me, sometimes you become weary in praying for the same thing over and over. At times, I think I sound like an old "broken record" when I pray, (this is definitely NOT God's view!), and admittedly, sometimes I even wonder whether God is listening! (The truth is, yes, HE IS!!)

Perhaps you and I been praying about a financial issue for a while, or a lingering health concern, or an unresolved family issue. Maybe we've been praying for a loved one to come to know Christ, or maybe we're asking God for His wisdom in a certain situation. Perhaps we have been going to the Lord for help and strength to overcome a sin in our life. It could even possibly be that we are praying about "all of the above"!

Well, whatever ongoing prayers you and I may have, let us not become tired and weary in going to God often with them! We must press on! Friends, we know that He hears every prayer we breathe or utter and we know He is faithful and answers our prayers! May we always be looking to Him for His answers! They will come in His perfect time, according to His perfect will. 1Thess. 5:17 (AMP), tells us, "Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly],..."

This morning I was encouraged concerning my prayer life when I read this wonderful quote from Richard Sibbes, (1577-1635), "When we shoot an arrow, we look to the fall of it; when we send a ship to sea, we look for the return of it; and when we sow a seed, we look for a harvest; and so when we sow our prayers into God's bosom, shall we not look for an answer?"

Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! What amazing things God can do when we bring everything to Him in prayer!

    ReplyDelete