Saturday, April 16, 2011

Readiness

"God called unto him...and he said, Here I am." Exodus 3:4

A friend of my daughter's has just had their 4th baby; the blessing of their first girl! As I was praying for this mother, child and family this morning, I wondered if this family has any praying grandmothers in their family?? They NEED a praying grandmother, I thought, and sensed the Lord leading me to begin praying for this family on a regular basis.

Moments later, as if to confirm His request, the Spirit directed me to the verse in Galatians 6, (AMP), "...as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good to all people [not only being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God's family with you, the believers].

Oswald Chambers wrote, "Readiness for God means that we are ready to do the tiniest little thing or the great big thing, it makes no difference. When any duty presents itself we hear God's voice as our Lord heard His Father's voice, and we are ready for it with all the alertness of our love for Him. Jesus Christ expects to do with us as His Father did with Him. He can put us where He likes,...because the union is that of the Father and Himself. 'That they may be one, even as We are one.' "

I have known this young family for quite some time yet today is the day of the surprise visit from God, putting into my heart the thought to lift this family to Him in my daily prayers.

Father, we thank you for Your surprise visits. Instead of being busy telling You where we would like to go, (to that great opportunity for something sensational), may we be listening for Your call and go wherever You want us to go. Truly, we do not want to miss anything You have for us to do for Your Kingdom purposes! May we live each day with the heart attitude of readiness. "Here I am, Lord."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for praying for this family, mom! What a blessing it will be for them! And, thankfully, the Lord is answering your prayers in a powerful way.

    ReplyDelete