Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Royal Welcome

Before leaving for church this morning, I read through the "Palm Sunday" passage in the Book of Matthew. Concerning Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem, the Message Bible tells us , "Nearly all the people in the crowd threw their garments down on the road, giving Him a royal welcome. Others cut branches from the trees and threw them down as a welcome mat."

My thoughts turned to Jesus wanting to make a triumphal entry into our hearts. What are we willing to sacrifice for Him? What are we willing to lay down for Him? Serving God sometimes requires sacrifice and sometimes requires us to give up things. We may need to cast off some "garments". Something to think about. Jesus willing and joyfully gave up His life for us!

1 comment:

  1. My friend Louann in Cincinnati gives up something for lent every year and I've always admired her for that. It's such a simple way to give up something tangible to help remember all that Christ gave up for us. Someday I'll get my act together and join...

    ReplyDelete