Friday, April 29, 2011

Cutting Strings

I love the creative ways God uses to speak to us and how He leads. This morning I was thinking about a few things I need to surrender to Him; things that were weighing me down and stealing my joy and peace. As I was praying, the picture I had in my mind was a car going down the road with tin cans attached by strings to the back bumper, (as newlyweds do). Those tin cans are noisy as they bounce around and hit the pavement! The strings and cans, of course, cannot hold a car back, but anything "attached" to us as believers, can keep us looking back at all of the constant commotion and noise, and keep us from being totally free to have a forward focus.

A few hours after my prayer, I "happened upon" the following quote by Elmer Laydon posted on Facebook, "God has wonderful plans for us--new heights He wants us to reach. But like kites, we are sometimes held back from soaring as high as we might by our strings of uncertainty. Trust in God, cut those strings, and ride His winds to where He wants to take you."

With God's help, let us cut the strings in our lives in order to detach from anything that would hinder our singleness of mind in Christ. May we move forward and soar upward and have the abundant life Christ died for us to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment