Saturday, April 23, 2011

Read it Again!

When my children were little they loved hearing the same story over and over. (Even to this day, many years later, I am still able to recite portions of some of their favorite books.) With great enthusiasm, and often imagining themselves in the story, they would plead, "Read it again, Mommy! Read it again!" And so, to their delight, I would read the book again. Even though they knew well the story from start to finish, my children were excited every time they heard their favorite stories.

I feel the same way about the Easter story. Even though I have heard it and have read it myself many times, I am excited knowing I will hear the resurrection story again tomorrow. I am looking forward to hearing the part about the stone having been rolled away and about the tomb being empty. I will imagine myself being there, and in my mind, I will go and look into the tomb. And just as the angel said to Mary of Magdala and the other Mary, I will imagine him saying to me,

"Do not be alarmed or frightened, for I know you are looking for Jesus, Who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, as He said He would do. Come, see the place where He lay."
Matt. 28:5-6

I will see the grave clothes lying where Jesus had been and will be amazed all over again!

The story will continue,...

"So they [the 2 Marys] left the tomb hastilty with fear and great joy,..."

I will leave the tomb in a hurry, feeling some fear, perhaps, but mostly great joy! (After all, I do know the story!)

"And as they went, behold, Jesus met them and said, Hail (greetings)! And they went to Him,...and worshiped Him." Matt.28:8-9

Engaged in the story, I will be utterly surprised to see Jesus! He will greet me and I will fall at His feet and worship Him!! I will praise and thank Him for coming to earth and for dying on the Cross for my sins. I will glorify Him for rising from the dead by His resurrection power and for ascending into heaven and sitting now at the Father's right hand! I will thank Him for sending the Holy Spirit who abides in me, and for the promise that I will be with Him, my Savior and my Lord, for all eternity!

Yes, I will be as a child on Easter morn, (His child forever I am!), excited to hear again the glorious Resurrection story! Truly the greatest story of all! Christ Jesus lives! The Living Word! Tell me the story again, Jesus! Tell me again!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, MOM! Hope you have a blessed Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete