Monday, April 18, 2011

Dirt and Clean-up

Even as a child, I have never liked getting dirty and so am always careful not to purposely expose myself to dirt of any kind. I remember a particular day when I was young, however, when I had decided to see what it felt like to actually get dirty. I recall I was wearing (of all things!) a white sunsuit with red poke-a-dots that day. While no one was watching, I went outside and actually got down and rolled around in the sandbox. I stood up and was covered with sand. Just as I thought--I didn't like being dirty at all, and in fact, I hated it! I immediately went back into the house, got cleaned up, changed my clothes, and never did anything like that again.

We are exposed to dirt in this world everyday, and often we get dirty. We sin. And when we do, there is nothing we can do to clean ourselves up. Try as we might, even our best efforts cannot make us clean and acceptable to God. We need the cleansing power of Jesus every time! He promises, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 We can clean the physical dirt, but all thanks and praise be to the One who can clean us spiritually! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Mom! I love the background of your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete